Kauriglen Lodge Puhoi
The Kauriglen Lodge Puhoi, just 30 minutes on the motorway north of Auckland City, is situated in the lovely Puhoi country setting with expansive views of the valley and adjacent protective native bush. The lodge has two fully self-contained units, the eleven pillow "Apartment" and the 6 pillow "Chalet". Each unit has its own ensuite, kitchen and separate private decks. A small back packers camper sleeps two adults in reserve.
All units are connected to the large entertainment area with all amenities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. This entertainment area provides:
- BBQ with Pizza Oven
- Long House: Roof covered deck area with bar and large swamp kauri dinner table
- Six person Spa Pool
- Free Wireless Internet Hot Spot
Other facilities include:
- The all weather indoor-outdoor Ol' Tin Shed restaurant
- Wood fired hot tub set amongst the adjacent kauri forest
- Trampoline for the kids
- Covered marquee deck overlooking the orchard seats up to 40 people
- Expansive bush tracks and viewing of glowworms and 450 year old kauri
The Apartment UnitOne of the two units
Entertainment AreaCentral entertainment area
The Long HouseBar and dining
The lodge is located on Fiddlers Hill road a one minute drive all on sealed roads from the village. The lovely Lodge setting is nestled amongst native bush and grasslands with sheep, cattle, goats and native birds for company. Walk the nearby tracks just behind your unit, view the bush, the birds and by arrangement the Glow worm Grotto. A fairyland of glowing lights plus native koura (tiny crayfish) and trout to see and the Twin Moreporks (Ruru) if you are lucky.
Enjoy the delights of Puhoi Historic Village (10 minutes walking distance) and near Wenderholm, Waiwera (5 km), Warkworth and Matakana (10-15 km).
Eating and Drinking
All breakfasts, lunches and evening meals can be provided by prior arrangement. A local professional chef for special occasions can supply fine dining or more basic fare of pizzas and BBQ's can be catered for. A full variety of dining experiences include:
- Breakfast served in your room or on the entertainment deck
- Lunches and evening meals in the Ol' Tin Shed restaurant and or The Long House